PRIMAL CARNAGE: EXTINCTION ENTERS EARLY ACCESS
The Holiday Hype Train to Prehistoria is About to Get Some Fuel
Las Vegas, NV – December 3rd, 2015 – Circle 5 Studios and Pub Games are pleased to announce that Primal Carnage: Extinction is launching today in Early Access on the Steam platform with a target full release in January.
The dinosaur franchise may have appeared dormant over the last year, but collaboratively the two teams have been rebuilding, remastering, and bringing the dinosaurs back to life, once again. Below are some of the major features that define Extinction.
- Increased Performance – A complete recoding of the game and a variety of optimizations now allow the game to run at 40-60 FPS on most PC hardware including low-spec laptops, where it previously was restricted to higher end gaming machines.
- Greater Visual Fidelity– Every map has been overhauled, every part of the UI replaced, every human character re-designed.
- More Dinosaurs– There are five classes of dinosaurs to choose from, and Extinction will go into Early Access with 9 playable dinos.
- More Weapons– The human team uses a 3-slot swappable weapon system for each of the five human classes. Many new weapons have been added to the game and more are already in the pipeline.
- New Customization options– Extinction offers a variety of cosmetic options for players to customize their characters with. There is a much wider variety of base skins to give your dinosaurs before also perhaps adding feathers, quills, horns, and chains! The human characters also have new slots for characters up with new skins, hats, and other accessories. A wide variety of cosmetic items are available in the game and many or are on the way.
- Steam Economy Support and Item Drops– All of these items can be sold and traded through the Steam Marketplace and players will have plenty to trade as Extinction offers occasional drops of different items and item-crates.
Fans will be offered significant discounts for Primal Carnage: Extinction
Players who purchased the original Primal Carnage before November 20th, 2014, will get the opportunity to purchase the game at an 85% off. Players who buy Primal Carnage from November 20th through the end of Early Access will be able to buy Extinction for 50% off. All DLC from the original game will carry over to Extinction when a player first opens the game. Additionally, everyone who buys the game during Early Access gets the new Volcano Spinosaurus skin for free.
Fans can help shape development.
There are new features and more content that will be added to Extinction during Early Access and after the full launch. Circle 5 Studios and Pub Games want to make the development process more engaging and transparent by opening up it development boards on Trello to the community. Fans can provide input on which content they would like to see added to the game and watch as content evolves over time and is prepared for release.
Happy Holidays from Circle 5 Studios and Pub Games
We hope that the roars of our dinosaurs will add to the soundtrack of your holidays. We want someone writing Santa to “be a dinosaur” to get their wish this season. But mostly we hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday season.
Primal Carnage: Extinction is a class-based online multiplayer shooter unlike any other, featuring fast-paced combat, diverse environments, and over-the-top action. On a mysterious island overrun with prehistoric monsters, you can choose to fight as a variety of legendary dinosaurs or to join the human mercenary team armed with a unique, distinctive, and destructive arsenal aimed at making these bloodthirsty beasts extinct once and for all. Will you use a sniper rifle or flaming chainsaw to bring these hulking creatures to their knees? Will you swoop, stomp, or chew through the puny human intruders? The only real question is can you survive?
Circle 5 Studios is a newly founded independent game design studios committed to showing the games industry what large group of indie developers can accomplish together. The company has a small HQ in Las Vegas but most of its growing team work remotely from all across the globe. An important part of the company’s mission is that making games can mean more to the world than just making money and playing games. Circle 5 Studios is currently is working with many industry partners to initiatives that support developer opportunities, game development education, and other charitable organizations.
Pub Games was founded in 2011 by a group of university students out of Melbourne, Australia with the goal of brewing up high quality, entertaining experiences that are accessible, fun and community minded. Building up both experience and reputation, Pub Games worked on a number of contracted projects including Blastpoints, Primal Carnage & InFlux as well as other titles.