Update 1.3.0 – January Update
Regarding the Extinction Editor
The editor itself is ready to go, we’ve finished off all the remaining issues for it. Unfortunately, our Valve representative has been very busy lately and we’re having trouble getting the Steam application made public to everyone who owns the game. We’ll have this fixed soon- in the meantime we’ll be handing out keys to people who are interested.
Every class has a default taunt, which can be equipped in the customization menu. To activate a taunt, press G.
Several more taunts can be found in the store, in Hybrid Crate #2, or drops.
We have changed the way we “cook” and compress our game files. While the result is now significantly larger, this new style is what works best with the Extinction Editor and the upcoming workshop. It also splits the files into several smaller chunks, so we’ll work to make future updates smaller.
Introduced a new experimental collision system for humans and dinosaurs. Humans will no longer collide with each other, and bullets & projectiles will not be blocked by other humans. Similarly for dinosaurs, small dinos & projectiles (ie cryo/dilo spit) will not be blocked. Tyrants & Carnos still block each other.
Added a new “Gameplay Events” feed system. This is currently only present in GTTC to notify all players when an objective is captured by the humans. We’ll be looking to expand this to display other interesting events in other gametypes, such as dominations and killstreaks.
VoteMap and VoteKick
We’ve added a new votemap and votekick system to the servers. This can be enabled or disabled in the server’s config. Votemap works by typing ‘!votemap’ and the map’s full name, for example
Votekick does not work through the chat at this time, and can be used by holding tab and selecting a player.
Raptors now have their movement locked for the duration of their recovery after completing a pounce (previously they could attack instantly) and Human recovery time has been slightly increased.
The freeroam chat system is now disabled by default and can be re-enabled in the server’s configs.
- Ptera: Gain an assist if one of their marked targets is killed
- Human: Gain an assist when killing a raptor currently pouncing another player
- Fixed human cosmetics blocking the players view in multiplayer games
- Fixed an issue that caused assists and suicides to not get reset on round changes
- Fixed Killcam not working
- Fixed Contingency doors acting strange during closing sequence
- Fixed dozens of other map-related issues
- Fixed global post process bloom issues
- Fixed certain shotgun skins glowing under certain lighting conditions
- Fixed dark spots on certain human weapons in certain lighting conditions
- Fixed the over-bloom on the Scientist and Trapper arms
- Improved how reliable the Flyer roar is at marking human players
- Fixed certain Ovi and Tupa skins looking different from the originals
- Fixed sounds continuing to be played after a netted dinosaur dies
- Fixed small dinosaurs being able to eat health corpses while netted
- Added Hybrid Crate #2
- Added nametag and description tag removal tools.
Thanks to TropischXD for the header image!